Friday, April 27th, 2012
6PM – 8 PM
THE UNIVERSITY OF TEESSIDE (Lecture theatre in Law department, Clarendon building), Middlesborough, UK.
NORTH EAST COALITION FOR ASYLUM AND REFUGEE RIGHTS & JUSTICE FIRST In conjunction with THE SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES AND LAW
A STOLEN ELECTION – AN ABANDONED PEOPLE
• The recent election in the Democratic Republic of the Congo was described as not credible by the EU Observation Mission
• Joseph Kabila continues in office as President
• Why do international powers, so ready to express a view on and intervene in the Ivory Coast election and others, accept the rigging of this election?
• Why have observers from the UK downplayed the extent of the irregularities?
• Why are bodies on the streets of Kinshasa and found floating in the River Congo not shown by the international media?
In this seminar, actual evidence will be presented of the vote rigging and fraud and the repression of the right to freedom of expression before, during and after the election.
« We are not alone. Africa, Asia and free and liberated people from every corner of the world will always be found at the side of the Congolese » – Patrice Lumumba
Be at their side on 27th April 2012!